The Democratic Party is committed to keeping our nation safe and expanding opportunity for every American. That commitment is reflected in an agenda that emphasizes the security of our nation, strong economic growth, affordable healthcare, retirement security, environmental stewardship, honest government, and civil rights.
The Knox County Democratic Party works to elect qualified Democratic candidates, increase the quality of life for Knox County residents, and support Democratic principles at home and beyond.
We subscribe to the Tennessee Democratic Party’s Creed, which follows:
We Democrats believe that we exist not merely as individual “owners” of those things we possess but also as stewards on behalf of those in need and those who will follow us. Therefore, we will be faithful stewards of our:
- children’s education and will promote quality job training for all citizens seeking the skills to thrive in a technologically and intellectually challenging world;
- economy by supporting sound fiscal and energy policies that will create opportunities for all citizens now and in the future;
- natural resources by pursuing sustainable environmental policies and by leaving this planet in a better condition than we found it so future generations may enjoy its beauty;
- health and well being by promoting policies that will create access to affordable health care and by supporting research to improve health conditions and fight diseases;
- communities by supporting efforts to control crime and promoting policies that will encourage better planning to ensure a rich quality of life;
- democracy by honoring those who have sacrificed to safeguard it and by defending it against all who would threaten it;
- freedoms of equality, religion, and expression so that men and women of all races and faiths can live, follow their beliefs, and express their views without fear of discrimination or reprisal.
We, as Democrats, understand and accept our responsibilities to our fellow Tennesseans. We follow the scriptural and cultural admonitions that call on us to care for the least fortunate among us and to prepare for that which is to come. We look to the future while living our lives and remembering our past, and we gratefully accept our role as stewards of God’s creations.