Election Day is Tuesday, November 6! Make a plan to get to the polls! Click here to visit KGIS and use the KGIS Voting Location Search Tool to find your Election Day voting location.
Be sure to look through our list of 2018 Candidates for Knox County before you head to the polls.
Early Voting in Knox County ended November 1.
Absentee Voting in Tennessee
Mailing an absentee ballot is also an option for voters, but the Election Commission must receive the application at least seven (7) days before Election Day. A few of the most common reasons a voter may request an absentee ballot are:
- The voter is sixty (60) years of age or older;
- The voter has a physical disability and an inaccessible polling place
- The voter is a caretaker of a person who is hospitalized, ill, or disabled
- The voter’s observance of a religious holiday prevents him or her from voting in person during the early voting period and on election day
- The voter or the voter’s spouse is enrolled as a full-time student in a school outside of the county
If you would like to apply for an absentee ballot, please visit the Tennessee Secretary of State’s absentee ballot information. You may also call the Knox County Election Commission at 865-215-2480 for guidance on requesting an absentee ballot.