Brandi Price for House District 18

The following announcement is from Brandi Price, who announced on Monday, February 8, 2016 her candidacy for house district 18 as a Democrat.

Brandi_Price.jpgBrandi Price with her qualifying petition

Announcement of Candidacy

Out of ninety-nine (99) members of the Tennessee House Of Representatives only 12 are women. That means that approximately fifty percent (50%) of the population, which are women, are being represented as twelve percent (12%) in our legislature. It is easy for eighty-eight percent (88%) to drown out and overbear the other twelve percent (12%) while they refuse to pass InsureTN, attempt to privatize Tennessee public education with vouchers, as well as the University of Tennessee workers. This cannot happen. The voters of Tennessee House of Representatives District 18 deserve a choice against the old white patriarchal Republican establishment. They deserve someone who will fight for them day and night. That is why I, Brandi Price, am running for House District 18 seat as a Democrat. I am running to give the voters a choice, and to fight for them.

As an attorney in Juvenile Court in Knox County I fight for my clients every day. As your District 18 Representative I will fight for you every day. I will fight for the 280,000 Tennesseans who are without insurance to InsureTN, I will fight against the sale and privatization of the University of Tennessee, and I will fight private schools coming and benefitting from tax payer money while our public schools suffer even more with their voucher program!

 It is unacceptable that 280,000 are without insurance when Tennessee has a plan that would not cost the state any money and create jobs, and yet the Republicans who make up seventy-four percent (74%) of the Tennessee House of Representatives will not even vote on InsureTN because they just do not want to right now. It is a shame that our state is trying to sell the University of Tennessee because they could not care less about the impact on the workers and their families at the University of selling. And it is a shame that the Republicans want to take tax payer more money from our public schools that already do not have enough funding and give it to private schools.

Our government was set up of the People, by the People, and for the People. For too long the Republican party has proven that they do not care for the People. Now is the time for the People to stand up and say no more! I hope to give the people that chance and choice they deserve as representative, and that is why I am running to represent the People. That is why I am announcing today that I am running to represent the People of District 18 in the State Legislature.

To contact Brandi Price about this announcement or any other matter, please call 865-357-2013 or (574)612-3854, or send an email to votebrandiprice@gmail.com.

 

Do you like this post?

This website is copyrighted 2014-2017 by the Knox County Democratic Party.  Questions? Email info@knoxvilledemocrats.org

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or email.